It’s never too early to get the kids into science and one of our fab science kits from leading brands Thames & Kosmos, 4m and Geek & Co. are perfect for some hands on science fun. STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) is a major focus in our schools so whether your child is just starting school or is further along their learning journey, a science kit or toy makes a fantastic present to spark a lifelong interest in STEM and the world around them.
Our favourite science toys are -
1) Thames & Kosmos Stars & Planets - a brilliant kit that helps children explore space by building a solar system, making moon craters and constellations, launching a rocket, and testing to see which planets could support life!
2) 4m Illusion Science - kids can experiment with over 20 optic activities and learn the scientific explanations behind them, including tricks like the illusion spinner, 3D pictures, the classic morph illusion and benham disk.
3) Thames & Kosmos Kids First Intro to Engineering - welcomes young children to the field of engineering with 21 experiments and building projects in five sections. By engaging in hands-on activities, children will learn how engineers apply their scientific and technical knowledge to design machines and devices.
4) Thames & Kosmos Weather Science - Build a weather station and follow the simple instructions delivered mostly through illustrations to carry out 8 weather experiments, allowing kids to investigate wind, rain, storms, clouds, temperature, evaporation, pressure and more!
5) Thames & Kosmos The Human Body Kit - This award winning science kit helps kids explore human biology and learn all about the five senses through experiments they can do on themselves! The kit has dozens of experiments to try out and then to relate back to human body systems including internal organs, the skeleton, muscles, sight and smell and the circulatory system.
Whatever kit you choose, enjoy 10% discount to celebrate British Science Week and get our kids into science!