We all know it's really tricky keeping the kids occupied / happy during the lockdown whatever your situation is. Here are a few ideas of online resources that Clara and Edith are enjoying this week (this will probably change by Monday!)
- Storytime from Space - Astronauts read stories from the International Space Station! Check out the website or YouTube channel
- 360 London - Explore London's famous landmarks from home! Take a closer look at the London Eye, Harrods, London Zoo, The Gherkin and many more with the London Virtual Tour.
- Numberblocks - good for a bit of relaxed maths learning!
- Explore famous museums around the world with a virtual tour - our favourite is the British Museum!
- Beloved children's author Julia Donaldson posts songs, stories and poems on the Gruffalo Facebook page every Thursday afternoon.
- Cosmic Kids Yoga - a brilliant channel that teaches kids a bit of yoga and mindfulness whilst telling imaginative stories
- Virtual Safari at Longleat - the girls loved learning about lions, giraffes and elephants at the Longleat Safari Park
- Sanctuary from your sofa - Clara has sponsored a donkey from Sidmouth's Donkey Sanctuary and it is lovely to see how the donkeys are getting on via the webcams in their paddocks.
We want to try the following ones as well -
- Harry Potter at Home - enter the wizarding world of Harry Potter with a brilliant collection of Harry Potter resources. Clara has just read Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone so we're going to see what house she would be sorted into!
- BBC Bitesize - online lessons for primary, secondary and post 16+ pupils whilst school is shut (and when it's open!)
- The Dad Lab - science experiments for kids
We'll keep looking for new resources as the lockdown continues - and some that the grown ups can enjoy too!
(Cover photo courtesy of Longleat)