Gifts for 8 year olds
Children in this age range are able to reason, use logic, think about cause and effect and take information acquired in one context to use in another. So this is an ideal age to inspire children and build an interest in science.
The range of science kits from Thames and Kosmos are perfect for this age group, with small single experiments that make great birthday party gifts or stocking fillers through to full science kits that support the curriculum in a fun interesting way. There is something for everyone with kits in biology, chemistry and physics.
Our other top 5 suggestions for 8 – 10 years
- Aquarellum Painting Set - unique range of watercolour painting activity kits
- Beads and Jewellery Making Kits - have fun creating necklaces and bracelets, rings and friendship bands
- Djeco Zig & Go – a wooden construction toy where children can create a number of layouts with different actions and reactions.
- Kapla – wooden blocks that are an innovative building block, ideal for creating a wide variety of structures.
- Djeco Factory – a collection of kits where the children decorate the enclosed pictures and add a adhesive conductor and lights to light up the pictures. Children develop an understanding of circuits and electricty through a creative kit.