Scola Reinforced Air Drying Modelling Clay (stone) 1kg
Scola Air-Hardening Clay has all the qualities of traditional clay except that it doesn't require firing.
A versatile clay reinforced with synthetic fibres for additional strength and a low shrinkage rate. Drying time will obviously vary according to the thickness and size of the model. Incomplete models can be kept workable under a damp cloth so that modelling can be spread over more than one session making it ideal for younger children.
More advanced potters can also use this versatile and economical clay as it can be fired if required. Finished models can be coated in PVA glue and decorated with acrylic paint.
Scola Reinforced Air Drying Modelling Clay (stone) 1kg ADC1KG/42
- A natural product, extracted locally in Staffordshire and Shropshire
- Dries in air
- No need for firing
- Nylon fibre reinforced
- Low shrinkage
- Can be decorated with almost any paint
- Can be coated with PVA or varnish for a glossy finish
- Dried pieces can be reconstituted by covering with a damp cloth overnight
- Wheat- and gluten-free
- Colour of clay supplied may vary
- Supplied in a 1kg slab