- Home /
- Thames and Kosmos Code Gamer - save 15%
Children at secondary school are being taught game coding as part of the curriculum now. This brilliant Thames and Kosmos Code Gamer Kit will teach children the how to code while playing using Arduino. Arduino is an open-source platform used universally for building electronics projects and is widely used in schools.
This is a great starter project for children aged 10 years and over who have shown an interest in game coding and electronics and programming.
Firstly, you assemble the gamepad, install the free app onto an iPad, tablet or other mobile device and as you use the game pad to control the characters the kit shows the coding that needs to be added to advance and build the game. There are also four different sensors to add which can also develop the game. For example, add a sound sensor to enable you to clap to get past obstacles in the game.
You can also complete a further 19 experiences by downloading the Arduino software to your pc. This science kit will teach children progressively harder programming codes all while building their own game which they can challenge friends with harder and harder levels.
Watch the video below for a full demonstration.
Promo Text Short
Promo Text Long
Custom Stock Status
Thames and Kosmos Code Gamer - Ages 10 years +
Item No. 620141
Experiments - 34
Piece Count -47
Manual Pages -64
Product Dimensions (in)16.8 x 11.5 x 3.2
Connect the physical and digital worlds. Use the gamepad to play through 15 fun game levels on your tablet. Plug one of the four sensorbots into the gamepad to activate its special powers.
• The sensorbot named Kelvin melts ice blocks when you warm its temperature sensor with your hand.
• The Decibels sensorbot will assist you if you trigger its sound sensor with noise.
• Lumen reveals things hidden in dark spaces when you shine light on its light sensor.
• Newton will force its way through obstacles in your path if you shake the touch sensor.
• Level Editor: Design and create your own game levels, share them, and access other players’ levels.
Level by level, learn the basics of the Arduino programming language
• Solve increasingly complex Arduino puzzles.
• Discover which program commands make the LEDs on your gamepad blink and the sound module activate.
• Learn how your gamepad works and how you can configure it yourself.
Apply your new programming knowledge in further projects
• Use the sensors in new applications to bring your own ideas to life.
• Use the light sensor to count how many times a drawer is opened or program an alarm system that sends you messages.
• Enter the digital maker’s world and unleash your creativity.
Thames and Kosmos Science Kits
Arty Toy Range
Dress Your Doll Levels
Gifts Age 10 Years Up, Gifts for Teenagers
Not Suitable for 0-3 yrs
Feefo Reviews - Average 0% (0 reviews)
This product has no reviews yet.
- We think you'll like these too
- Recently Viewed
Check items to add to the cart or select all