Microscope for Children -
Thames and Kosmos
The microscope is a dual light 40x, 100x, and 400x power metal microscope with two battery-powered LED light sources allowing for the viewing of both large or opaque objects lit from above and thinly sliced or translucent specimens lit from below. The lenses are all professional-quality optical glass. The microscope is durable and powerful and will last all through the important school years.
An amazing gift for budding scientists that comes with an 48-page manual that guides through the initial set-up and then step by step using the microscope with dozens of fascinating observations of biological specimens. This microscope is perfectly sized for children yet of a high enough quality to see amazing cell structures. Fascinating enough to interest parents to join in with the discoveries! Suggested from age 8 years upwards but will last many years, well into teenage.
Requires 3 AA batteries (not included)
Thames and Kosmos TK2 Scope 636815 for children age 8 years old up
- Microscope and biology kit for older children
- Learn how to use a microscope for biological study
- Examine pre-prepared specimens slides and then create ones from samples found in the home, garden and body
- Dual light 40x, 100x, and 400x power metal microscope with two battery-powered LED light sources
- Professional-quality optical glass lenses
- Will last for years and years
- Batteries not included
- Excellent 48 page manual to guide your child through a series of experiments