- Home /
- Thames & Kosmos Crystal Growing - Glow In The Dark
Experiment with growing a variety of crystals from a potassium alum salt solution. Add strontium aluminate to your crystal solutions to make phosphorescent crystals that charge up in the light and then glow in the dark on their own, slowly emitting the stored light energy. Or try adding one of two ultraviolet-reactive pigments, pink and greenish-yellow, to your crystals to create fluorescent crystals, which glow in stunning colours under the light from the included ultraviolet flashlight.
Mold fun plaster shapes, including moons, stars, butterflies, neon signs, mushrooms, frogs, and gemstones, and then grow layers of crystals on them. Use dye tablets together with the glowing pigments to experiment with different colour combinations, and mix the dyes to grow a rainbow of custom coloured crystals. Mold your own glowing crystal geode — a hollow rock lined with crystals — and create a beautiful crystal cavern inside.
Experiment with growing crystals rapidly and slowly, and observe how that affects the crystal structures. See if you can grow one giant crystal, and many small crystals on the surface of a rock.
Measure how the crystallisation of solids out of a solution, and the dissolution of crystals back into solution, affect the temperature of the solution. Learn about the energy of crystallisation. Investigate solutions, crystallisation, and the chemistry of crystal growing. Learn about the structures and geometries of different crystal shapes.
This kit is thoroughly tested and nontoxic. A full-colour, 32-page experiment manual guides your experiments in the chemistry of crystals and glowing phenomena.
Promo Text Short
Promo Text Long
Custom Stock Status
Crystal Growing - Glow in the Dark Experiment Kit from Thames and Kosmos 1617951 for children 10 years old upwards.
- Understand the science of crystal formation
- Grow dozens of dazzling crystals!
- Includes materials to make fluorescent and phosphorescent crystals-uvv light included.
- Craft crystal geodes and fun shapes Like moons, stars, butterflies, neon signs, Mushrooms, frogs, and gemstones.
- 32-Page, full-color experiment manual guides crystal growing and explains a variety of scientific concepts.
- Learn about the geometry and structure of crystals, solubility and solutions, The formation of minerals, and more.
- Fun science for kids to do at home
- Award winning children’s Science Kit range
Thames and Kosmos Science Kits
Arty Toy Range
Dress Your Doll Levels
Gifts Age 10 Years Up, Gifts for Teenagers
Award Winning Toys, Best Selling Kids Gifts
Not Suitable for 0-3 yrs
Feefo Reviews - Average 0% (0 reviews)
This product has no reviews yet.